Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just Can't Take The Rat Race Any More ;-0


TRAPPED by DM Thompson
Trapped on the rat race treadmill
my inherent flight response kicks in,
but there is no way to escape...
Kicking and clawing, chasing myself.
Out of breath and unable to keep up,
I collapse and fall to the ground.
Sitting there I realize I am no longer
trapped...
"Sparrow in the City" photo by DM Thompson




Every once in a while you find yourself at a juncture where you know it is obviously time to move on. When your world seems to be imploding change is necessary and inevitable. Days are long and unproductive, everything is a chore. The biggest clue may be when you start yelling "Why are you doing this to me!"at inanimate objects. Sometimes even though the signs are there, if you are not quite ready for the change you can be blind sided if it is another person taking what appears to you to be immediate action against you. Whether it is professional or personal, change is hard and you have to leave something or someone behind. Breaking the news of your decision is uncomfortable or accepting that someone else has the power to push you away and out of the picture is devastating at least. Those who are left in the wake of these circumstances are not happy there and what do you do with those things you can't take with and will be lost?

Under the guise of gathering perspective, I let myself pay hooky on the desktop this afternoon. Cup of hot tea in hand I began searching the universe for answers to my questions. First I found TM's blog and her quote of the day from 5/20 made me see that sometimes it's all about letting go and getting over. But deeper into the layers, Lauren's blog brought light to the fact that you also need to bring along carefully packed cherished memories as they are what makes us who we are. In any case, I'm glad I fell off "the rat race tread mill" and wondered into their worlds for just a while. Meeting both TM who I found out is a kindred spirit of beaches and photography along with Lauren and her Green Beans (who I am sure are very proud of their Mommy) gave me insight with a bit of courage.

Even when we know that we have to make the changes necessary for us to be productive and keep moving forward, it's still hard trusting in that little voice inside that whispers "Go on, you can do it".

DMT

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm very happy to hear that the quote was able to help you out. :)

    ReplyDelete